Earning a Masters degree in Human Resources is a popular option for university graduates and professionals who want to deepen their understanding of human resources topics and to increase their ability to secure advanced employment positions. Typically, a Master's degree in Human Resources is most beneficial for working professionals with several years of experience in their field. This degree allows such professionals to build upon the knowledge and experience that they have already attained after firsthand experience in the workforce.
The following list of schools represents the top ten program choices for someone seeking a Master's degree in Human Resources. Although each school or institution in the list has a unique program with different requirements and features, they are all generally regarded as outstanding in their field. The schools are listed in alphabetical order and their placement is not an indication of one program's superiority relative to any other program.
Each school in the following list has garnered critical acclaim for the quality of the online distance learning programs that they offer. Also, each school in the list is accredited and offers flexible scheduling that can provide professionals an opportunity to further their education while still working full-time at their jobs.
1. Abilene Christian University -- Master's Degree in Organizational and Human Resource Development
Cost: $8028 per semester
2. California Intercontinental University -- MBA in Organizational Development and Human Resources Management
Cost: $3318 per semester
3. Capella University -- MBA in Human Resources Management
Cost: $7368 per semester
4. DeVry University -- MBA in Human Resources Management
Cost: $9283 per semester
5. Lasell University -- MS in Management with a concentration in Human Resource Management
Cost: $3018 per semester
6. Penn State University -- Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources and Employment Relations
Cost: $6393 per semester
7. Drexel University -- MS in Human Resource Development
Cost: $11756 per semester
8. Mercy College -- MS in Human Resource Management
Cost: $7335 per semester
9. University of Scranton -- MS in Human Resources
Cost: $8648 per semester
10. Walden University -- MS in Human Resource Management
Cost: $6930 per semester