The consumer market is flooded with beauty products. There are skin car products to correct and improve every facet of skin needs. Some products are deemed multifunctional, able to remedy numerous skin problems with a single bottle. Other products specialize in a single functionality. Not one skin product seems to have the ability to solve all skin problems or address all of your skin’s needs.
The unfortunate truth is your skin needs cannot all be addressed with a single ingredient or product and those skin care products will add up financially. Your skin requires special care. Besides being the largest organ of the body, your skin is the organ which receives the most exposure to the elements. In order to keep your skin beautiful and healthy, you have to protect, repair, and pamper it. If you do not take care of your skin, your skin will reflect the neglect.
You don’t have to be a hostage to the lucrative skin care manufacturers. Skin care products are made with ingredients you can find right in your own home. The informational labels on the pretty skin product packages divulge the active ingredients responsible for making the skin care products successful in keeping your skin beautiful. Break the shackles and create your own skin care regiment with these natural home remedies which have long been proven to work.
1. Exfoliating your skin regularly to remove dead skin cells, toxins, and other deposits on your skin which could dull your complexion and lead to blemishes is a mandatory segment of a good skin care regiment. There are several ingredients you can use to make your own exfoliating mask.
Salt or Sugar Body Scrub: Pour ¼ cup of table salt or granulated sugar into a small bowl or container. Pour olive oil into the container over the salt until it covers the salt. Stir the mixture. Rub the scrub all over your body and into your skin. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Moisturizing your skin keeps it soft and smooth. It also helps ward off premature wrinkles. Sensitive and oily skin can be irritated by strong or harsh ingredients. Natural ingredients can help reduce or eliminate the problem. Mixing your own mask will allow you to control which ingredients are included.
Moisturizing exfoliation mask: 1/3c quick cooking oatmeal, 2 tbsps honey & plain yogurt each, one egg white, and ½ cup of hot water. Mix water and oatmeal. Set aside and allow to cool and thicken while you blend the rest of the ingredients together with a mixer. Combine the two mixtures and blend well. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with warm water to remove.
3. Cleansing your skin twice a day wards off blemishes and keeps your skin healthy. Plain yogurt mixed with honey makes a great cleanser and moisturizer. Apply to your face and leave on for ten minutes. Wash off with warm water.
4. Another great cleansing mask. Beat one egg yolk until frothy. Add 1/2c of both milk and a peeled and mashed avocado. Mix with a fork until it is the consistency of a lotion.
5. Oily skin needs an astringent to help remove the excess. Make your own exfoliating astringent with this recipe.
Lemon Face Mask
Mix 2 tsps each of lemon pulp, honey, and water with 4 tbsps of clay. Apply the mask to your face and leave on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with warm water.
6. Body butter is a luxurious way to moisturize your skin. As with any luxury, it can be expensive. Make your own by mixing 4ozs each of Shea butter and jojoba oil with 1oz beeswax and 3 teaspoons any essential oil.
7. For tighter skin, try this mask. Whip two chilled egg whites until they form peaks. Slowly add 1/8 tsp of cornstarch. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse.
8. For a vitamin infused facial mask try this recipe: 2 cooked, mashed carrots mixed with ½ tsp of wheat germ oil, 2 tsp of honey, and 2 drops of geranium oil. Apply to your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
9. Applying used tea bags to your eyes will help reduce dark circles. If you use chamomile or green tea bags you receive the extra benefits of the nourishing nutrients being applied to the sensitive skin around your eyes.
10. The skin on your lips is among the most vulnerable and sensitive on the body. Thus your lips need special care too. Combine and melt together 4ozs each of Shea butter, sesame or sweet almond oil with 1tbsp beeswax. You can add 2 tsps of the essential oil of your choice for flavor.