Stress is one of the unhealthy epidemics of modern life. Modern people are overworked, overstimulated and over committed. In fact, some of the very things that help reduce stress (sleep) are made difficult (insomnia) by having too much stress.
Fighting stress requires a multi-pronged approach. Below we've listed twenty concrete ways that you can start to reduce the unhealthy stress in your life and live a happier and more content life.
1. Take Phosphatidyl Serine
2. Take L-Theanine
3. Drink Tea
4. Take Magnesium
5. Have More Sex
6. Smile & Laugh More
7. Breathe Deeply
8. Disconnect (cell phones, TV, computers)
9. Do one thing at a time (minimize multi-tasking)
10. Short, but intense exercise or exertion
11. Set limits on your time
12. Get plenty of sleep
13. Get plenty of sun exposure
14. Build muscle
15. Remove grains and added sugar from your diet
16. Take Omega 3 supplements or eat more fish
17. Create a schedule
18. Spend more time outdoors in nature
19. Find a mindless activity that lets you wind down
20. Enjoy plenty of time around friends and family
Source: 15 Ways to Fight Stress
Let us know if you have any other suggestions to help eliminate stress.