Glenn Beck, American conservative radio and television host, author, entrepreneur, political commentator, and public figure, is an important figure in U.S. politics. Beck has captured wealth and fame, controversy and criticism, ridicule and support. Beck is a stalwart who defends American values with, as critics suggest, conspiracy theories and incendiary rhetoric. Despite heavy criticism, Beck has written six New York Times bestsellers, hosts The Glenn Beck Program, and regularly appears on FOX News. Beck is also the founder of Mercury Radio Arts, a multimedia production company, where he acts as producer for raido, television, publishing, stage, and Internet forums. Here are the Best Glenn Beck Quotes:
1. "Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you're worthy of the trip."
2. "Whoever thought a tiny candy bar should be called fun size was a moron."
3. "Most times we're so focused on what we think we want that we can't appreciate how happy we are. It's only when we forget about our problems and help others forget theirs that we realize how good we really have it."
4. "When you choose the path, you choose the destination."
5. "All men are created equal. It is what you do from there that makes the difference. We are all free agents in life. We make our decisions. We control our own destiny."
6. "The moment you stop worrying about success is when success will happen."
7. "Only those afraid of the truth seek to silence debate, intimidate those with whom they disagree, or slander their ideological counterparts. Those who know they are right to have no reason to stifle debate because they realize that all opposing arguments will ultimately be overcome by fact."
8. "Life is what you make of it. There's always fun and laughs right under your nose if you're willing to open your eyes to see it."
9. "You cannot take away freedom to protect it, you cannot destroy the free market to save it, and you cannot uphold freedom of speech by silencing those with whom you disagree. To take rights away to defend them or to spend your way out of debt defies common sense."
10. "Besides, life isn't meant to be safe. It's only in our mistakes, our errors, and our faults that we grow and truly live."
11. "Application of your faith will change your life."
12. "After the signing of the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin was asked by a woman on the street, 'What have you given us, sir?' Franklin responded, 'A Republic, if you can keep it.' A critical moment in history has come; our Republic is in jeopardy. Can we keep it? If the answer to that question, as I fear, is 'No,' then we have no one to blame but ourselves."
13. "Always remember where we come from, how we got here, and Who led us into the warmth of sunshine."
14. "Money doesn't talk it screams."
15. "But are we even capable of maintaining a Republic anymore? Are there enough citizens willing to do the hard work that self-rule requires, or have we become people who would rather be cared for, fed, clothed, housed, and told what's best for us by a parent-like state? Unfortunately, the evidence suggests the latter."
16. "You cannot take away freedom to protect it, you cannot destroy the free market to save it, and you cannot uphold freedom of speech by silencing those with whom you disagree. To take rights away to defend them or to spend your way out of debt defies common sense."
17. "...no one who has passed through the storm has ever regretted the journey. No one stands here and wishes to go back to the other side."
18. "Look, calling somebody in a wheelchair handicapable doesn't all of a sudden give them the power to climb stairs or the ability to grab Ho-Hos off the top shelf."
19. "We have allowed the system to be so corrupted that many want justice to be 'empathetic,' not blind."
20. "A=tone-ment-it's a chance to fix the unfixable and to start all over again. It begins when you forgive yourself for all you've done wrong, and forgive others for all they've done to you. Your mistakes aren't mistakes anymore, they're just things that make you stronger."
21. "Oh yeah brother I was right they started in with that Mormon Voodoo right off the bat as soon as we walked in everybody was friendly. One of them who later became known to my family as the amazing Mr. Plastic Man even told me that he loved us. Please there are times I don't even like us how could you possibly love us. I was thinking spend some time with me pal and I'll cure you of that."
22. "It is only on the battlefield of ideas that the best ones can be recognized and ultimately prevail. Only those afraid of the truth seek to silence debate, intimidate those with whom they disagree, or slander their ideological counterparts. Those who know they are right have no reason to stifle debate because they realize that all opposing arguments will ultimately be overcome by fact."
23. "When we support or vote for candidates outside the two major political parties we are immediately lectured about wasting our vote or making it easier for the less desirable of the two major candidates to claim victory. these lies are repeated every election and they must be ignored. You never waste your vote if you vote your conscience."
24. "So we went on what we now call "The Beck Family Church Tour" and man did we see some churches."
25. "Not a single time we have gotten a right from Congress or from the President. We get them from God."
26. "By the way, I'm not just one man with a chalkboard. I'm one man with four chalkboards."
27. "This president [Obama] I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture...I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist."
28. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it...No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus --band-- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure."
29. "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up' I'm so sick of they because they're always complaining."
30. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags."
31. "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."
32. "I have been nervous about this interview with you [Rep. Keith Ellison] because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies...And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
33. "Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]."
34. "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research...Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person...The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening."
35. "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza."
36. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." ["Oligarchy" misspelled.]
37. "You know, we all have our inner demons. I, for one - I can't speak for you, but I'm on the verge of moral collapse at any time. It can happen by the end of the show."
38. "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy, did you plug the hole yet? Daddy?" [Impersonation of Malia Obama]
39. "I'm only writing a few bullet points. And I am doing that so I don't get in the way of the spirit, in case he wants to talk...if you would just pray that I would be able to hear because sometimes - sometimes he's screaming at me and I still can't hear it."
40. "I haven't seen a half-monkey, half person yet."