Establishing good credit basically comes down to taking out credit and proving that you are responsible with your finances. The longer your history of holding credit and paying it back in a timely fashion, the better your credit score.
It's a good idea to start establishing your credit worthiness early so that when it comes time to make major purchases like buying a home or a car, you get the best rates possible.
Here are 5 tips for establishing good credit while you are in college. This article was inspired by 5 Responsible Ways to Establish Credit in College With Credit Cards
1. Carry only one credit card.
2. Use the credit card for one thing only.
3. Use the credit card sparingly.
4. Get a family member to cosign.
5. Shop for a low interest rate.