When you think of the future, there are plenty of great ideas that go through your head.
A lot of that has to do with how you think things will look. Will they be like something from outer space? Some car makers seem to think so. The concept cars that they create get more and more futuristic all the time, and they keep changing the way that people see vehicles.
Of course, there's just concepts and you won't see them driving down the street, but here are 8 car new car technologies and concepts that will make you feel futuristic.
1. Mixing the old with the new. One of the things that car makers are doing is taking the older look (think grilles from the 30s and 40s) and mixing them with cars that look like they could take off with rocket power. The clash of styles is actually fascinating, and you'd be sure to get noticed.
2. Electrics and hybrids are huge. Even though some are already out there on the road, there are still plenty of concept cars that fall into the category, too. You can see them at the bigger auto shows, where people flock to get a look at how these concepts will revolutionize vehicles. Not to mention, the amount of money these cars will save you.
3. Cars that drive themselves.Technology is being put in place on some concept cars so that they can spot other cars, understand street signs, and navigate around obstacles. You won't have to drive them to work - you can just go along for the ride.
4. Cars that run on solar power. These have been around in concept for a while, but once the sun went behind the clouds all the power went away. They couldn't move very quickly, even on a good day. That's changing, though, and solar may indeed work well in the future.
5. Faster is always better. Race cars are popular, even though you can't do much with them on public roads. Nevertheless, who wouldn't want to own a car that looks like a rocket?
6. Luxury rules the day. The more luxurious a car is, the more you can sell it for. Companies like Audi and Mercedes still understand this. They keep their concepts looking normal, but it's hard to beat the luxurious feeling you get from sitting in one.
7. Bigger can be better. Smaller cars are thought to be the rage, but there are still plenty of people who want to drive giant, gas guzzling behemoths. If you're one of them, you're in luck. The future will still offer you that option.
8. Gadgets and gizmos. From GPS to DVD to systems that give you a rolling Wi-Fi hot spot, there are plenty of technological marvels out there. There will be more in the cars of tomorrow, whether people really need that or not.
There you have it - some of the most futuristic options when it comes to car design and details.
How long it will be before these cars come to a dealership near you remains to be seen, of course, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be on the lookout for them. They're enjoyable, even if they aren't that realistic.