These days, everyone is looking to save money wherever they can. If you're shopping for a new minivan or compact SUV, you may want to take a look at the list below, which shows the five vehicles cheapest to insure in the United States. Pricing is based on a 40 year old male driver, with no tickets or accidents, and represents a national average price.
1) Mazda Tribute i, 2wd: $1,070.25 per year
2) Honda Odyssey LX: $1,095.26 per year
3) Mazda Tribute i, 4wd: $1,103.29
4) Chrysler Town & Country LX: $1,119.83
5) Jeep Wrangler X: $1,124.38
With the possible exception of the Jeep Wrangler, the above list contains vehicles you have to drive, not vehicles you want to drive. Chances are good that if the car or truck has over 200 horsepower, or is known as a high theft vehicle, insurance will be substantially more expensive. Don't forget to factor this in when shopping for a new car or truck.