In general, it is important to remember that there are benefits and drawbacks to an online education. Just as there are with a traditional education. When choosing which route to take for your degree, consider what's most important to you.
Normally, a traditionally education gives you more rewarding opportunities for one on one time with your professor. But most students don't need this or even take advantage of it. An online education, on the other hand, gives you a lot more flexibility with your time.
Here's a list of the type of people that should pursue their degree online:
1. Full time professionals working a 9-5 job
2. Recent high school graduates who want to save money on transportation and housing
3. Students who aren't looking for the social benefits of college (partying)
4. New moms who need a lot of flexibility and the ability to take classes after the kids are in bed.
5. Students who want to save money
6. Students who want to learn at their own pace
7. Students who don't learn well auditorally (lecture)